Equality & Diversity Policy
(a) This Firm is committed to eliminating discrimination and to promoting equality and diversity in its own policies, practices and procedures, and in those areas in which it has influence.
(b) This applies to the Firm’s professional dealings with staff, other accountants, solicitors, clients and third parties.
(c) The Firm intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their sex, marital status, race or racial group, age, colour, ethnic or national origins, nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation or disability.
Discrimination is prohibited on the grounds of the following:
- Race or ethnic origin – including colour, nationality or ethnic/national origins
- Age – including perceived age and spouse’s age
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Gender reassignment – someone who is proposing to undergo, is undergoing and has undergone a process or part of the process for the purpose of reassigning a person’s sex
- Sexual orientation – heterosexual, bisexual, gay/lesbian
- Religion or belief
- Disability – a person has a disability if they have a physical or mental impairment and the impairment has a substantial and long term adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities.
(d) As a Firm we are accredited by the ICAEW for Probate and are required to collect, report and publish workforce diversity data annually. The data is collected annually by completion of a questionnaire which remains secure with Partners.
In summary, the Firm consists of 20 males and 24 females, none of whom is disabled; a variety of age groups including 3 over 65’s; all white British with 4 people first generation university educated; the other 40 not university educated but the majority qualified accountants.